Kay Richards has been creating beautiful spaces for more than 20 years. After earning her B.S. degree from Buffalo State College, she went on to acheive the following:
- AAS in Interior Design, NOVA – Summa Cum Laude
- Received a Professional Interior Arrangement Designer Training certificate conducted by The Art of Arrangement.
- 12 years experience in the contract furnishings industry, with duties such as furniture specification, finish selection, space planning, vendor selection and project management.
- 8 years of management and visual merchandising experience with a national home furnishings company with numerous corporate accolades. During this time she was invited and participated in the 1996 NSO Designer Showhouse.
- 6 years of set dressing experience with local Washington theater groups resulting in 2 award nominations for excellence.